We all need help sometimes and we want to help if we can.

Our mission is to help all pets have a loving home. Sometimes that means they need a new home or some temporary support to stay in their current home. Below you will find information on the ways we can help you. If you have any additional questions, call us.

I need to rehome my pet

If you have a cat or dog that you need to have rehomed, please fill out the request form below. We can only take animals when we have space and they must pass the intake assessment. This form does not guarantee we can or will take your animal. We cannot take in strays. All strays need to be reported to your local animal control.

I need pet food

No one likes to be hungry. The SPCA of Southwest Michigan partners with area food banks to help provide food for cats and dogs in need of assistance. You can stop in at the shelter during regular business hours to pick up some food to help you through the month. You can also pick up pet food on the last Saturday of every month at St Andrew Community Church (dates may change during holiday season). Call the shelter for more information 269-344-1474.

I need a dog house for an outside pet

It gets darn cold in Michigan! Our Cold Noses Warm Hearts initiative helps outdoor pets stay warm! Help SPCA staff and volunteers as we coordinate food and build warm shelters for our furry friends! If you are in need of a dog house to keep your outside pet warm and dry, please either email info@spcaswmich.org or call 269-344-1474.

I can’t afford to spay/neuter my pet

Kalamazueter is a special program that takes place once a year where we spay/neuter as many cats and dogs as we can fit into 2 days, free of charge, for those that cannot afford it. This program has limited space and may be limited to specific zip codes. If you would like to but put on a contact list, call the shelter 269-344-1474. More information on the event will be made public once all details are finalized.

My Sister's House

Jointly sponsored by the YWCA of Kalamazoo, My Sister’s House supports pets in transition. We help at risk families by assisting with pet needs. For a successful new start, when families are settled, the shelter helps with treats, toys and food. If you enrolled in or soon to be enrolled in the YWCA Domestic Violence Support Program and you need us to temporarily house your pet, please email Katie at katie@spcaswmich.org.

I need help with veterinary expenses

Sorry, currently we are not able to assist medical expenses for your pets.

6955 West KL Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
email: info@spcaswmich.org
(269) 344-1474
Open: Monday-Friday 11a-7p
Saturday 11a-4p



The SPCA of Southwest Michigan is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit animal welfare organization and does not receive funding from any government agency or national organization. We rely solely on individual contributions.

Please help if you can!

Copyright ©2018 SPCA Southwest Michigan  |  Developed by GreenStreet Marketing and Design

Pin It on Pinterest