- This event has passed.
Bissell Empty The Shelter
October 6, 2021 - October 9, 2021$25.00
BISSELL Pet Foundation Announces Fall 2021 “Empty the Shelters”
The SPCA of Southwest Michigan is part of 180+ shelters participating in national event
Kalamazoo, MI – Wednesday, October 6th – 9th— BISSELL Pet Foundation is hosting its fall 2021 national “Empty the Shelters” adoption event Oct. 4 –10, a quarterly effort that has helped more than 61,781 pets find their forever homes in area shelters. During each nationwide event, BISSELL Pet Foundation helps sponsor reduced adoption fees for $25 or less per dog, cat, puppy and kitten. This summer’s event will be hosted in more than 180 shelters in 35 states, including the SPCA of Southwest Michigan.
- Wednesday, October 6th – Friday, October 8th: 11:00am – 7:00pm. Last adoptions done at 6:30pm.
- Saturday, October 9th: 11:00am – 4:00pm. Last adoptions done at 3:30pm.
- The SPCA will participate 6 –9, 2021 at 6955 W KL Ave, offering $25 adoption fees for adult cats and dogs. This reduced fee does not apply to puppies or kittens. Puppies adoption fee’s are $280 and Kittens are $80.
- If you rent your place, please have a copy or original lease with you that states the pet policy.
- In order to qualify for the discounted adoption fee of $25, you will need to fill out the Bissell Survey.
- We are a 1st come, 1st serve and we do not put holds on any of our adult dogs/cats during this event.
The “Empty the Shelters” event began in 2016 as an effort to encourage more families to adopt a pet into their home. Since its inception, BISSELL Pet Foundation has expanded its “Empty the Shelters” reach to organizations in 45 states and Canada, partnering with a total of 414 shelters. The goal for the fall 2021 event is to find forever homes for 60 pets.
“Shelters are in dire need of support in the wake of natural disasters and overcrowding due to obstacles such as increased length of stay and slowed adoptions for mid-to-large sized dogs,” said Cathy Bissell, Founder of BISSELL Pet Foundation. “Our fall ‘Empty the Shelters’ will support the adoption of thousands of pets across the country, helping shelters in this time of crisis. Opening your home to a shelter pet will save a life and create space to give another pet a chance.”
For more information on adopting or donating to “Empty the Shelters,” visit www.bissellpetfoundation.org/empty-the-shelters as well as spcaswmich.org
About BISSELL Pet Foundation:
BISSELL Pet Foundation is a charitable 501©(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to help reduce the number of animals in shelters through pet adoption, spay/neuter programs, microchipping and emergency support. Founded in 2011 by Cathy Bissell, BPF is an extension of her long-standing love for animals and commitment to their welfare. BPF has since partnered with more than 5,300 shelters and rescues across the U.S. and Canada to help pets find loving homes. The foundation is supported by generous donors and BISSELL Homecare, Inc where every purchase saves pets. To learn more, visit www.bissellpetfoundation.org.
Brittany Schlacter | Marketing & PR Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org, 812.593.3296
Jaci Kinner | SPCA of Southwest Michigan | Office Manager | Jaci@spcaswmich.org | 269-344-1474